Monday 12 March 2012

Beauty Subscriptions


I don’t know how many of you out there have subscriptions to beauty boxes (I know they vary from UK, US & AUS).  Just an insight to those who have not heard of these before; they are beauty subscriptions where basically you get a box of new sample sized (& sometimes even full sized) beauty products that are on the market for a small price, to road test them in the comfort of your own home without the overwhelming range of products to choose from & without the financial commitment of purchasing a full priced product – because what happens if you don’t like it? You can’t always return it for a refund.


I subscribe to both Lust Have It! http://www.lusthaveit.com.au/join.html & GlossyBox http://www.glossybox.com.au/, these are both $14.95 each/month. There is no commitment on a month to month basis with these, but you can buy 6 monthly & annual subscriptions.

I have so far received both a box for February & March from Lust Have It! & I must say I’m quite impressed already.  What I really like about Lust Have It! is the fact that most of their products are Australian made or owned. I think everyone should be exposed to really great products that are locally made.

One of the items that came in my March Lust Have It! box was the Mirenesse Pearl Crush Creaseless Shadow in 4. Akoya Pearls. It is a Long Wear Wet & Dry 3D Mineral Shadow & I have been using it as my everyday & evening smoky eye colour since I received it & I absolutely adore it!

I love the golden & bronzed tones as these match back best with making my blue-green eyes pop more blue & I also feel this colour trio palette is more versatile when going for an everyday natural look.

All of the Pearl Crush Creaseless Shadows are formulated to stay exactly where you apply them & on nights out they definitely stay in place without any primer, this is great for all you ladies out there with more oily skin or those of you that are that little bit more oily in the eye area – which is me. My eye area is particularly sensitive too & I have had no irritations which is a great plus. I have only used these shadows dry; however you can apply them wet for a more dramatic eye.








Please see some swatches below of the 4. Akoya Pearls Trio Palette. These shadows are lovely & pigmented with shimmer but not too shimmery - i don't like alot of shimmer. I took two shots of swatches as the 1st doesn't do them justice!

FLASH OFF


                                                                        FLASH ON


This palette & many other Mirenesse products are available online at http://www.mirenesse.com/

Stay glamorous dolls xx

No comments:

Post a Comment